Sunday, November 1, 2009

YOU Can Be the Gift


I found a great list entitled 10 Ways to Help a New Mom and it made me realize how much those gifts that come straight from you that can't be wrapped in a box are sometimes the most needed and appreciated.

One year my sister-in-law asked my husband and I what we wanted for Christmas. My husband said, "a nice note." So my sister-in-law actually wrote us a note telling us how she appreciated us.

It was on regular notebook paper and it really meant a lot.


Anytime someone stops to tell you something they appreciate about you it is a gift. The key is to be SPECIFIC & SINCERE. Saying "I Love You" means a lot, but saying why you love someone (or one of the reasons) makes it memorable.

And it doesn't cost anything - except TIME.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails